Based in Berkshire, Red Current Ltd is a company that specialises in providing industry leading thermal imaging services to customers from all industry sectors throughout the UK.
Thermal imaging is a niche industry in the UK, as a result we are looking to offer a fully structured training programme to attract individuals with an electrical maintenance or maintenance engineering background into the sector.
In this unique role you will have the opportunity to experience and learn from various industries and work environments as you conduct thermographic (thermal imaging) surveys on electrical control panels and distribution equipment. You will be at the forefront of the research and development of new and existing thermal imaging applications to continuously improve our industry leading services.
What would I do as a Trainee Thermal Imaging Engineer:
• Complete a structured training and development programme with the opportunity to gain industry accredited certifications up to PCN/ITC Level 2 Thermography
• Conduct thermographic surveys at customer sites throughout the UK
• Generate inspection reports using specialist software
• Assist with the research and development of thermal imaging applications in support of the continuous improvement of our products and services
• Routine maintenance on thermal imaging camera equipment
• Assist in achieving the company's objectives associated with R & D, Quality, Sales Performance and Health & Safety
The candidate: -
The role would suit person from a field service or facilities maintenance background who:
• has previously or currently worked within electrical maintenance/maintenance engineering or any role with an electrical bias within an industrial or commercial sector
• has knowledge/experience of electrical thermal imaging inspections or an interest to learn
• is physically fit for working in hot/cold conditions and working at height
• able to occasionally work away from home and drive long distances
• excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (excel, word, outlook)
• good verbal and written communication skills
and has the following behaviours:
• the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• has excellent analysis and problem-solving abilities
• outstanding attention to detail
• customer orientated with a professional attitude in all environments
At Red Current we are committed to your career development, we will give you experiences to learn and grow and ensure you have a regular reviews throughout the year whilst giving you continuous feedback to ensure your career development.
Pay and Hours:
• Monday to Friday - Full time
• Pay – Negotiable dependant on experience and qualifications
• Car Allowance
• Company Pension
• 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
Skills and qualifications:
• GCSE(or equivalent) Maths: Grade C (5)
• GCSE(or equivalent) English Language: Grade C (5)
• Full driving license
• Any recognised electrical qualifications
• Electrical Apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
• City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing
• PCN/ITC Level 1 or 2 - Thermography
Red Current is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate.